Merchandise SellerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10007628 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jul. 15, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
We are currently seeking a Merchandise Seller to join our team. The Merchandise Seller engages Guests in magical experiences throughout the Theatre by welcoming them into the environment, while providing communication on the merchandise available, emphasising their qualities; and highlighting all relevant offers available to supplement their purchase. In this role, you will provide an exceptional Service that will exceed the Guest's expectations by enhancing Guests visit, ensuring that it is unique and memorable and giving them the opportunity to take the magic home with them.
- Take a proactive role in maintaining Disney brand standards.
- Achieve financial and productivity goals, as agreed with the management team, through appropriate actions and use of Guest Service behaviors.
- Work proactively and positively towards individual and team goals, including sales targets, promotion goals and group incentives.
- Welcomes every guests by following our service guidelines. Perform quick, accurate and effective transactions that enhance the Guest experience and observing all relevant guest service guidelines including offering add-ons and communicating offers.
- Respond to Guests needs in an open, friendly, positive, proactive and timely manner in accordance with Guest Service Guidelines. Effectively manage queues and multiple guests at kiosks and sales locations.
- Maintain neat and organized operations both at kiosks and back of house so that product is clearly represented and available for replenishment, always ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain and participate in producing company visual standards to present an outstanding theatrical environment.
- Assist with stock deliveries, lifting boxes, and replenishment to agreed standards.
- Adhere to all DTGM policies, procedures and administrative requirements.
- Excellent communication and guest service skills.
- Passion for interacting with and providing an inclusive, high quality experience for Guests from a diversity of backgrounds
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Self-motivated with the ability to achieve goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and provide timely and effective communication to achieve shared goals
- Capable of working in a fast pace ever changing environment to achieve results and handle tasks accurately under time pressure.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Can communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Retail/Service experience preferred but not essential.
- Additional responsibilities and duties will be assigned based on the needs of the business.
We are recruiting for Part Time Positions.
Part-Time positions are available between 10 - 25 hours per week, with the option to be scheduled for more when and if required. Shifts are typically between 4-6 hours and there will be double shifts when there are matinees and evening performances on the same day.
Shifts call times vary depending on the performance schedule but typically start 2 hours prior to start of the performance and ends approx. 1 hour after the performance ends. All staff need to be available for evenings and weekends.
We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applicants of every ethnicity, belief, gender, sexual identity, disability, age and culture to apply.
If you are excited by this great opportunity, please apply including a cover letter explaining why and a full resume.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.