Build and Release Engineer - Ruby exp. (NYC or Remote)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 524905BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted 02/07/2018
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLBAM, and the National Hockey League. Our proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals any time and on any device.
Build and Release Engineer - New York, NY We are looking for a Ruby Engineer to join our Apple & Android Platforms Core Engineering team. This is an opportunity to help build tooling around industry leading apps while getting to work closely with some of the greatest minds in the app development world. If working in a collaborative team environment and facing new challenges every day while your apps get used by millions of people excites you, then this is the role for you.
We believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge and ever growing technology stack.
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of software and systems engineers.
- The opportunity to work on award-winning, highly complex apps and systems.
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- The opportunity to face new challenges and reap new rewards every day.
- Amazing benefits including - 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.
This permanent position is located in New York, NY or remote.
- Work with the Build and Release Manager, engineering leads, project managers, and QA leads to manage build and release processes across multiple applications simultaneously.
- Help manage continuous integration process for iOS, tvOS, Android, Android TV and Fire Tablet/TV platforms.
- Help maintain and grow build management systems (Jenkins, scripts, build servers, tools, etc.).
- Continuously work to improve the efficiency and scalability of our build and release processes and environments.
- Help automation and mobile engineers build and maintain testing systems for all applications.
- Help application engineers maintain lint, unit test, code coverage reports, and other app health.
- Build custom tools to improve the development process and automate tasks.
- Research and develop improvements to our Continuous Integration system.
- Stay connected to emerging technologies in the build and release industry.
- 1+ years experience with the Ruby language.
- 2+ years experience with any Object Oriented language.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration principles and practices.
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills, be a team player.
- Knowledge of stateless servers.
- Passion for DevOps.
- Knowledge of Ansible or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services preferred.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) preferred.
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
This position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.