Already applied?View Dashboard
NABET Daily Hire PublicistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 583521BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Aug. 09, 2018
Job Summary:This position is responsible for creating and implementing day-to-day publicity to generate awareness about ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos.” This role supports “This Week” Publicity Director as well as the ABC News Media Relations department Friday-Sunday. You must be a strong writer who can identify and/or create publicity opportunities for content, talent and show initiatives and represent the networks viewpoint. You must have a strong interest and instinct for politics and news.
- Weekly writing of newsworthy press releases, media alerts and press items to the press is essential.
- Coordinate press coverage for “This Week” including compiling weekly coverage reports and competitive analysis
- Service interview transcripts and breaking news to press in a timely manner
- Write and update anchor biographies, listings releases and media advisories
- Collaborate with Social and Digital teams on show promotion and breaking news
- Assist Publicity Director in coordinating interviews for talent with press
- Attend production meetings and publicity staff meetings
- Establish and build relationships with press
- Update and edit media lists
- Assist with special projects for the news division
Basic Qualifications:Work Experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years related work experience required in a similar role
Skills & Abilities
- The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Must have a string interest and instinct for politics and news
- This candidate will also work closely with different departments including Social and Digital so teamwork is critical
- Candidate should have exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Knowledge of television publicity and reporters who cover politics and the television business is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.