NAC Producer, ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10011133 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Working as part of the News Acquisition Center, the NAC Producer will work alongside a team of people that are responsible for booking, coordinating and executing video feeds via IP, satellite, and fiber in and out of our facilities.
- Book live and recorded transmissions for all ABC News productions by utilizing scheduling systems and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Operate computer systems used to execute IP transmissions using TVU Networks, LiveU, Haivision and other related software.
- Route video as appropriate to monitor feeds, QC, and provide signals to other parts of the business.
- Monitor and quality control all live-shots for all programming at ABC News.
- Coordinate with newsgathering, control rooms, show operations, and live streaming operations to take in orders and provide feed information for daily operations and special events.
- 5+ years of experience in the broadcast media industry.
- Experience working in a large organization and solving cross-department problems.
- Must be team oriented and motivated by creating efficient solutions that drive end-user value.
- Ability to work harmoniously and proactively with production teams having diverse work cultures.
- Self-motivated, proactive and solutions driven.
- Experience building and managing IP video transmission, encoding/decoding, media management and distribution systems.Prior experience with products from Avid, Adobe, Dalet, TVU Networks, LiveU, Haivision and Aspera.
- Software Development experience of any kind, especially as it relates to API integrations
- Video engineering experience; specifically related to video codecs, editing infrastructure, IP video transcoding and processing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.