Network EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 963742BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 27, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Design, configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN and security equipment and related services.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems as they arise.
- Work with the Engineering and Operation teams to define and document network standards and architecture.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 3+ years working in Internet related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP.
- Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XR, and IOS-XE expertise.
- Familiarity with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
- Setup and maintenance of network log management systems.
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming.
- Familiarity with Multicast configuration and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Excellent customer presentation skills.
- Current CCNA or CCNP preferred
- EIGRP, BGP4, OSPF, IP Multicast, HSRP, STP, LACP, Packet capturing tools, TCP/IP, Linux, NAT. IPv6 experience is a plus.
- Cisco Nexus (All Series), Catalyst IOS and IOS-XE with both Stack and Chassis (2960/3X50/4500/9000), Cisco ASA (5585/5555/5525/5516), Cisco Firepower 4100, and ASR 9K/1K.
- An understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies. E.g. VRFs and VXLAN
- Experience with network automation tools and scripting are highly desired.
- Experience in multi-vendor network topologies
- Experience in either the media or web scale sectors.
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably engineering related)
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.