Network Planning Manager
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 736861BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting Network Capacity Planner to enable DSS to scale with Disney’s growing global demand. As a Network Capacity Planner, you will be responsible to identify, design, develop, and execute new processes, policies, goals and solutions that increase performance, reduce errors, decrease costs, and improve the company’s overall infrastructure program, specifically relating to CDN fulfillment and Internet content fulfillment. To do this you will work across operations, sourcing, performance marketing, research, technology, scheduling, sales, engineering, and finance teams. This position requires a person with the ability to skillfully communicate with internalstakeholders, use analytics and statistics to solve complex problems, and stay hyper focused on the customers’ needs globally. The role provides an opportunity to shape our start-up culture and make long term customer focused and cost effective decisions, directly impacting Disney Streaming Services success. If you want to work for a great company, have the opportunity to innovate, manage, and create new solutions and most importantly love to delight customers, then join us in making Disney+ history!
- Partnering with internal business units including operations, finance, research, technology and engineering to effectively manage expansion of our CDN capacity
- Leading and creating a best in class network with appropriate metrics to continually improve CDN operation
- Communicating effectively with both external (Service Providers, Carriers, Vendors) and internal (Finance, Technology, Operations) customers
- Creating reports and process improvement initiatives to improve air and ground operations
- Create statistical models
- Communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams to gain buy-in and delivery to project schedules
- Address barriers through problem solving, communication and active coordination with stakeholders
- Working within time constraints to meet business critical needs (often managing multiple, time-sensitive and high priority initiatives simultaneously), while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.
- Able to systematically escalate problems or variances in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution to ensure they are delivered.
- Navigating through ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments
- 7 years of work experience within the Cloud, CDN and Online Direct to Consumer business planning.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Statistics, Finance, Economics or similar field from an accredited university
- Project management experience that shows how to organize, find solutions and follow through to a successful conclusion
- Deep proficiency in Forecast Modeling and Data manipulation
- Must be highly proficient in written and oral communications and be able to produce concise, relevant, strategically driven documents and presentations to leaders
- Proven track record of problem solving skills and ability to use analytical tools is required while analytic experience in the areas of transportation or network management is strongly preferred
- Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner across multiple projects
- Developing or managing complex logistical processes
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional organizations
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.