Network Release Supervisor - Project HireApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724149BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company’s sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
- Ownership of impact and risk assessment of broadcast program release.
- Supervisor must be very thoughtful and detail oriented as the position will be in charge of making on-air critical decisions.
- Effectively interpret and implement various network policies and procedures during critical situations.
- Ensure correct and formatted information is in the automation system in sufficient time prior to broadcast.
- Create and manipulate automation playlists during live and taped events.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the air control studios.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of all three daily broadcast logs.
- Coordinate with other areas to troubleshoot problems before they affect the broadcast.
- Ensure timely delivery of programs and efficiently handle last minute changes to the system.
- Communicate daily with our affiliated stations, providing them with program formats, timings and necessary instructions during breaking News events, Sports and all live programming.
- Coordinate with the Network break studios for possible commercial make goods at the conclusion of special event activity. In addition, coordinate with News and Network break studios for proper program re-joins following special report activity.
- Interact with Sales, On-Air Promotions and respective dayparts to ensure a flawless delivery of our programming.
- Work with the “Watch ABC” team in NY & Burbank to ensure all programming airs as scheduled on the
- “Watch” platform. This includes ensuring that un-cleared content is blocked from airing, interacting with the program stream during ABC News Special Reports.
- Manage the VOD automation schedule to ensure all required programs are captured and delivered to MVPD’s.
- 5+ years of professional experience. Broadcast experience highly preferred.
- Television operations, Imagine (Harris) Automation, server technology and Xytech scheduling.
- Degree from an accredited four-year College or University, or equivalent experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.