Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
New Media Editorial Intern - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 529258BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 02/28/2018
ResponsibilitiesThe New Media Editorial Intern will assist the editorial team to plan and execute content plans to support Marvel across all lines of business. This includes (but is not limited to) tracking projects and managing agendas, transcribing interviews, fact-checking podcasts, writing news articles, formulating operational documents, reporting live events, writing copy for a social media post, gathering image assets, and other administrative tasks.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of May/June through August.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• Writing/editing background with knowledge of Marvel in comics, movies, games, television, consumer products, etc.
• Experience with other types of web-based content creation like listicles, quizzes, polls, live chats, live streams, etc.
• Knowledge of using social media from a brand perspective, including content creation, using the correct voice and tone, and dealing with a large and knowledgeable fan base
• Experience in audio video production settings in the studio and/or the field
• Audio/Video editing (FInal Cut Pro/Avid Garage Band/Soundtrack Pro)
• Experience with AP style guide
• Photo/Design experience (Adobe Photoshop)
• Experience working in a content management system
• Candidates should be able to work in both a team environment, and independently as well.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Enrolled in College / University
- Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program or Graduate Program student status by arrival date
Company OverviewMarvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity Marvel Digital Media Group LLC.
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.