Newscast Producer, WABCApply NowApply Later Job ID 780348BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 26, 2021
- Craft daily newscasts and manage all aspects of the broadcast
- Pitch story ideas on a daily basis
- Communicate well with others in the newsroom when building shows
- Collaborate with digital team members throughout the day
- Write clear and compelling broadcast copy
- Execute last-minute changes in high pressure situations
- The ideal candidate must have top market producing experience at a local news station
- Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong editorial and production skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible with working hours (late nights, overnights, holidays) and adaptable to change
Preferred EducationBachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.