Newsroom Manager, NewsOne - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 764030BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Jul. 30, 2020
- Manage the NewsOne newsroom
- Direct work of the newsroom staff
- Make story assignments
- Edit correspondent scripts
- Manage production of news package and other content
- Manage customer service and operational issues
- Minimum 3 years in a managerial position in a TV newsroom/production environment
- Must be well-organized, able to multi-task, and calm under deadline pressure
- Must work well with others
- Must have deep interest in news
- Minimum 5 years in a managerial position in a TV newsroom/production environment
- Affiliate and/or assignment desk experience a plus
- Field experience a plus
- Editing experience a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.