Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Nightline Production Internship, ABC News –Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 866162BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Oct. 18, 2021
Nightline interns will be exposed to the inner-workings of a network broadcast--from pitching stories to seeing the final product on the air. Interns will experience what life in a national newsroom is like.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Assisting with daily logging elements
- Pitching stories, assisting with research elements
- Assisting with booking
- Participating in editorial meetings
- Going on shoots
- Assisting with administrative duties when in the office
What you bring to the role…
- Strong interest and familiarity with Nightline and it's content
- Interest in editorial content development
- Ability to work efficiently in a remote environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge and interest in current events
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year or recent graduates
- Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship or Disney College Program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide able to work in the New York City office and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- The approximate dates of this internship are January to May 2022
- Candidates must be available 24- 40 hours/week. The shifts are: 11am-7pm and 3pm-11pm (M-F) in Eastern Standard time for the duration of the internship. Interns could work up to 3 days in the office and the rest of the days remote.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.