Operations Manager, Graphics - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 814911BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content,ABC News Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
Responsibilities:Candidates should be self-starters and possess strong project management abilities and should be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously. The Operations Manager should demonstrate the ability to meet client needs, have strong communication skills and complete projects independently. Knowledge of both live and post-production and graphics creation is necessary. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Operations on artist and meteorology scheduling and payroll.
- Process Kronos timesheets
- Work with Director of Operations to implement new workflows
- Write purchase orders through SAP and track payment to vendors.
- Maintain accounts with vendors and suppliers to the graphics department
- Assist Director of Operations to maintain departmental budget.
- Interface with IT management to troubleshoot issues on PCs and specialized printers.
- Work with Finance and Operations to maintain quarterly list of cost codes
- Help develop and maintain training guides and onboarding documentation
- Manage graphics assets and distribute and maintain archive procedures.
- Assist Director of Operations during Breaking News Events, Specials
- At least five years in production/graphics environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, work ethic and desire to be in a media and breaking news environment
- Excellent People skills
- Must be detail oriented with proficiency at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge about graphics workflows and platforms such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Vizrt and 3D.
- Strong Editorial background and experience.
- Knowledge of Mediapulse scheduling, KRONOS timekeeping and SAP.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content,ABC News:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content,ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.