Paralegal - Ad SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10044877 Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 31, 2023
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The TWDC Legal Department is seeking a Paralegal to join the Ad Sales Legal team supporting Disney Advertising Sales (DAS). DAS is responsible for selling advertising on behalf of all of Disney’s broadcast, cable, digital and social platforms, and ad-supported streaming services including the ABC Television Network, ESPN, National Geographic, Freeform, FX, the ABC-owned television stations, Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu. The Paralegal will be one of two paralegals primarily supporting the attorneys in the New York office but will be available to assist the entire Ad Sales Legal team when and as needed.
- Assist in drafting, preparing, proofing and/or summarizing agreements related to advertising endeavors including branded and custom content, promotions, multimedia sponsorships, venue licenses, production services, non-disclosure agreements and miscellaneous sales matters
- Assist in all pre-contract matters, such as negotiation support, coordination with clients and obtaining necessary approvals prior to contract execution
- Manage contract execution
- Manage workflow and assist colleagues in various transactions
- Manage requests for documents from legal or stakeholders
- Update various contract templates as needed with direction from attorneys
- Assist in organizing and managing the Legal Department’s physical and electronic files
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials as needed
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of paralegal experience in a reputable law firm or in-house legal department
- Strong contract drafting experience
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe; ability and willingness to learn and use new software and practice tools, including document management systems
- High attention to detail and strong pride in work product
- Professionalism and maintenance of confidentiality
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and ability to handle multiple tasks in a team-based structure and consistently meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience as a paralegal in advertising, marketing, entertainment, and/or media preferred
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certification or equivalent experience required
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $71,440 to $98,230 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.