Already applied?View Dashboard
Part-Time ProofreaderApply Now Apply Later Job ID 539606BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted Mar. 26, 2018
Job Summary:Proofread documents and mark for correction of any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors on an on-call basis (approx. 1-2 days per week, dependent on department workload). This position will be onsite.
- Read proofs from all Marvel Publishing departments including (but not limited to) single-issue comics, handbooks, trade collections, Word documents, dust jackets, and covers.
- Mark grammatical or typographical errors using standardized code.
- Check proofs against copy and against previous corrections.
- Communicate with Editorial staff and traffic copy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate questions or issues in a constructive, friendly manner.
- Provides and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Knowledge of proofreading/copyediting marks.
- Ability to proof in print and on computer.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of the unique challenges of the comic book format, awareness of the comic book industry, and familiarity with Marvel’s characters a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.