Photo Editor, ABC News DigitalApply NowApply Later Job ID 10030160 Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Nov. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We’re looking for a passionate news photo editor to join our team at ABC News digital. Must be a team player with newsroom experience, able to work under deadline pressure to find compelling, storytelling images. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, digital publishing systems (CMS) and digital asset management systems (DAMS), along with a degree in journalism is required. Candidates should possess an understanding of copyright law and usage rights, as well as solid communication skills including writing, strong news judgment, and the ability to multi-task in fast-paced news environment.
Working independently, you will research, edit and produce images and visual stories across digital platforms, adhering to ABC News standards and practices. You will contribute to our news coverage by pitching compelling photos and story ideas, while collaborating across teams to enhance the visual storytelling of ABC News digital.
- 5 years’ experience as a photo editor at a news organization
- Experience in digital publishing
- Ability to manage daily and long-term projects under deadline
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- An understanding of copyright law, usage rights and news standards
- Adobe Photoshop and other photo editing software
- Experience with DAMS and CMS publishing tools, as well as office software
- Evenings and weekends as well as some holidays are expected, along with flexibility to cover news.
- Knowledge of SEO and AP Style
- Experience with Digital Analytics
- Video/multimedia experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
The hiring range for this position in New York is $68.2K to $93.8K per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.