Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Platform Distribution Strategy Internship - Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773865BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Be a part of something big…
As an intern you will support contractual and business strategies for the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution group supporting the media networks, direct-to-consumer, digital transactional, and theatrical businesses. The Intern supports creation of resources and documents that streamline our contractual processes and ensure consistency and compliance across the various businesses. Additionally, the role will focus on analyzing contracts with content distributors; understanding the contractual landscape and impacts of Most Favored Nations (MFN) clauses to our business strategies; running financial models; and evaluating new distribution opportunities.
Basic Qualifications:What we’re looking for…
- Related work, internship and/or educational experience within legal, business affairs, strategy or a related media field
- Interest in content distribution landscape, competitors, and current trends in the industry
- Experience working in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for navigating and analyzing contracts and other legal documents to determine contractual ramifications of deal points
- Interest and experience in entertainment, finance and law
- Previous contract reading experience
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher or must have graduated within the past 18 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree in Business, Finance, Legal Studies, or related
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university, taking legal classes in preparation of enrolling in Law School
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2021 through August 2021
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours for the duration of the internship
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.