Podcast Associate Producer (Freelance) - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 779736BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television, ABC News Date posted Mar. 25, 2021
This new addition will work collaboratively with our on-demand audio Producers to build on the success of our current podcast library, including ABC’s daily news podcast Start Here, and true crime hits The Dropout and Truth and Lies: Jeffrey Epstein.
This person will also play an integral role in helping to launch new podcast series, including longform narrative storytelling and conversational topical offerings.
The successful Associate Producer candidate has a minimum of two years of prior experience in podcasting, and a proficiency in audio editing. We are seeking someone with sharp editorial news judgement and strong writing skills who works collaboratively with others. Prefer someone with strong social media skills.
This position is funded for a minimum of six months with the possibility of extending and/or converting into a staff position.
- Pitching podcasting segment and story ideas
- Editing and mixing audio for various assignments, including daily, weekly and longform podcasting projects
- Locating strongest timely sound to support storytelling in Start Here and other daily/weekly podcasts
- Searching ABC archives for relevant historical material to enhance the listening experience in all our podcasts
- Working with our rights and clearances, legal and standards departments to vet and clear material for use in podcasts
- Fact checking and providing research assistance to podcast talent and producers, and assisting with booking relevant guests
- Entry level podcasting and/or radio experience
- Background in journalism and keen interest in current events, history and pop culture
- Thorough understanding of podcasting industry, trends and techniques
- Proficiency in audio editing and sound mixing
- Experience in creating social media posts and using social management tools
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.