Already applied?View Dashboard
Post Production ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700358BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 27, 2019
- Directly lead and supervise a team of editors, providing clear and concise creative feedback, technical knowledge and techniques, and professional development.
- Plan, schedule, and manage the assignments and daily workflow of the editing and graphics team to ensure the timely, high quality delivery.
- Be able and willing to personally take on edit and motion graphics projects as needed.
- Collaborate with the creative team on the development of new projects and proposals. Identify best in class examples, providing benchmarks and inspiration for new work.
- Assist VP New Media Production in establishing and documenting workflows, creative standards, and processes as well as technical guidelines for the post production team.
- Drive accountability by identifying issues that could adversely affect projects’ creative quality, delivery deadlines, or budgets. Generate tracking documents and output reports on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the management of shared storage workspaces, project setup, asset management, network resources, and deliverables tracking. Maintain the team’s archive and content library, including project, shoot files, and related assets.
- Oversee QC workflows for third party deliverables to ensure all technical requirements are met.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the entertainment industry, in a post production capacity.
- Minimum 3 years in a management role.
- Thoroughly proficient with Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Proven track record managing multiple fast-paced projects in a large organization.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Should be familiar with all aspects of post-production workflow including ingest, cataloging/archiving, story editing, compositing, color, audio, and motion graphics.
- Experience with shared storage and asset management workflows.
- Passion for the Marvel brand and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance its content.
Required EducationBA / BS or relevant experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.