Principal Data Privacy, Data Governance
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 731872BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 13/01/2020
Job Summary:We are seeking a Principal Data Privacy lead to join our Data Governance team. This role will lead data privacy initiatives and requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration and understanding of complex privacy regulations and requirements. In this role you will work directly with legal, product and data stakeholders to ensure our data ecosystem complies with relevant regulatory and privacy requirements across our global footprint for Disney Streaming Services.
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance works closely with legal, data stakeholders and engineering teams to enable data driven business insights while adhering to all regulatory and privacy regulations globally to seamlessly deliver best-in-class consumer applications across our streaming properties.
- Partner with technical and non-technical leadership to develop and deploy privacy compliance audit mechanisms in product strategy, roadmaps, business processes and foster broader awareness of legal and regulatory guidance such as GDPR, CCPA, RTA and RTBF
- Create scalable frameworks, standards and data privacy best practices across our data ecosystem and lifecycle.
- Represent privacy and governance team in discussions with technical and business stakeholders globally as a subject matter expert on our toolkit and roadmap for data protection and consent management.
- Lead and perform data privacy and compliance audits for key issues related to PII, CCPA, legal guidance, launch preparedness and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. Identifying and inventorying issues, suggested improvements, and aid in tracking and implementing fixes.
- Serve as a liaison with data stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment, communication and understanding of new and evolving data privacy requirements
- Draft and ensure execution of privacy-related procedures such as consumer protection regulations, cookie disclosures and data privacy policies
- Document and implement data policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments.
- Develop and maintain team reporting frameworks and documentation for data governance team
- Develop and deliver data privacy training across the organization including the implementation of privacy oriented controls and frameworks to deliver effective data privacy processes as directed by legal
- 8+ years experience in Enterprise Data Platforms, Data Privacy, Privacy Risk or Privacy Compliance function
- Experience with international privacy regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, CCPA and other applicable regulations
- Experience reviewing and auditing new and existing products and services from a privacy regulatory perspective
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills particularly with technical or engineering functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
- Privacy professional accreditation or similar certification
- Experience working with large datasets, ability to use data to problem solve
- Experience working in a startup or software oriented company
- JIRA experience and backlog grooming
- PMP certification
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.