Principal Network Architect
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 778687BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including Disney+ and ESPN+. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Disney Streaming Networking organization, you would be responsible for architecting Disney Streaming’s next generation distribution network.
Responsibilities:We are currently looking for a Principal Network Architect who is passionate about all areas of data networking. The Principal Network Architect is to be a forwarding thinking technologist who possesses an insatiable desire for networking knowledge. This person will use their vast understanding of the Internet to facilitate the development of our global distribution network. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- 10+ years working in Internet related fields and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP.
- Expertise with routing design, techniques, and protocols such as BGP.
- In-depth understanding of public peering, QoS, and traffic engineering.
- Extensive experience with multi-vendor routing and switching platforms.
- Experience with network security tools, such as next generation firewalls and IDS/IPS.
- Experience with Linux operating systems, network automation, and open source tooling.
- Ability to develop roadmaps, technology qualification, and design standards.
- Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- A self-starter able to work independently but also comfortable working within a team.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Excellent customer presentation skills.
- A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies.
- Experience in multi-vendor network security topologies.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in either an ISP/NSP or CDN environment.
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
- BGP, OSPF, PIM, Network Security, VXLAN/EVPN, Packet capturing tools, TCP/IP, Linux, QoS, and IPv6.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably engineering related, or relevant work experience.
- Current industry certifications are preferred.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.