Principal Software Engineer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763366BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 30, 2020
The MarTech Team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for creating software solutions for Disney+ and ESPN+ marketing teams. We use tagging, targeting, testing, and feedback to optimize the marketing spend and efficacy of creative content for both paid and lifecycle engagement messaging.
System architect for the Disney+ marketing ecosystem including:
• Architect and build the Disney+ marketing ecosystem to enable data activation and segmentation capabilities across paid and lifecycle engagement marketing
• Collaborate with lifecycle and product marketing teams to drive subscriber engagement by using data forward solutions to messaging
• Build integrations with paid media platforms to optimize marketing spend through data and analytics
• Partner with marketing stakeholders to gather requirements and design solutions that perform at scale
• Plumb always-on data flows directly from Marketing partners for AI driven Dynamic Content Optimization, verified attribution, for and BI platforms
• Replace batch delivery with flow delivery to Marketing Data Platforms partners in personalization, experimentation, engagement messaging, and audience segmentation.
• Coach software engineers on best practices and technical concepts of building large scale platforms
Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and fosters a culture of innovation and excellence
· System architect for Disney+ marketing data ecosystem
· Coach software engineers on best practices and technical concepts of building large scale data platforms
· Develop roadmaps and inform staffing plans
· 8+ years deploying / operating enterprise-level MarTech Stacks
· 4-6 years of experience developing in Scala
· Demonstrated mastery of software engineering tools and practices
· Expert-level experience with analytics tools and marketing attribution models
· Experience with deploying and running world-scale, AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Athena and Redshift
· Mastery of Graph database architecture and deployment
· Experience originating marketing technology stacks including real-time messaging and attribution pipelines
· Experience integrating with ML platforms and experimentation frameworks
· Familiarity with front-end development frameworks, experience in full stack development a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.