Principal Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050755 Location New York, New York, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States / San Francisco, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States / Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 25, 2023
Our combined Disney team is looking for hardworking team players to design and build the systems that drive products across Disney. We embrace engineers can think unconventionally and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s experiences through strategic hard work and determination.
The Disney technology team is seeking a Principal Software Engineer who is sharp, motivated, and will help build the technology backbone of Disney’s products. This team is responsible for the end-to-end technology needed to acquire content from over 1500 partners and deliver the highest quality products to tens of millions of users. In this position, you’ll be responsible for costs and scaling of architecture across a JVM, Node/React, and Python ecosystem, building on AWS.
- Lead design of well-architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining agile best practices
- Drive best engineering practices to write well-constructed and easy to maintain code and defensive and robust tests
- Challenge current architectural choices, driving a great developer experience with as little friction as possible from local environment to production releases
- Lead through metrics – understand application performance and costs, and push for better results
- Take responsibility for quality delivery – keep an eye on how launches and build outs are progressing, and steer direction when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience and proficiency in Java, Python, or similar
- Experience with relational (SQL based) and non-relational database (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB) technologies, and messaging technologies (Kafka, SQS, SNS, Kinesis)
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strong coding, code design and architectural skills
- An enjoyment for going deep on performance tuning and a love of owning a problem end-to-end
- A desire to relentlessly dive into problems and improve systems and quality of delivery
- A knack for crafting large scale distributed systems in the Cloud (AWS)
- Front end knowledge – ReactJS, WebPack, front end architecture are useful in widening impact
- Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning experience will help in understanding the full ecosystem
The hiring range for this position is $172,036 to $265,430 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.