Producer (ABC News Live)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 725532BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 26, 2019
The ideal candidate will be able to craft compelling, fast-paced news shows and adapt to breaking news, as needed. Good communication skills in the control room as well as with the show team are essential. The candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and a clear understanding of ABC News style of storytelling. Candidates must have experience working on a live show with several hours of live programming daily.
- Work closely with newsgathering, desk, correspondents & senior producers to craft compelling segments
- Create the rundown for segments, from story placement to graphics and all other editorial and production elements
- Build a compelling segments on deadline & update as needed across different feeds
- Help senior producer time/backtime the show in the control room
- Write and rewrite copy as needed
- Guide control room and anchor(s) through breaking news
- Pitch and execute show, segment and guest booking ideas
- Act as a team leader and fill-in for senior producer
- Write teases that make people want to keep watching
- Assist with editorial planning
- Proven ability to roll with the punches and continuous changes that come with producing news on a live streaming platform
- Ability to work a flexible shift including work overnight, evening, day time, weekend hours.
- Solid news judgment
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Minimum of (5-7) years of professional experience at Television, Film, of Digital Media companies.
- Control room experience
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.