Producer/Editor, Long Form (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10010724 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network’s news programming, including “World News Tonight with David Muir,” “Nightline,” “Good Morning America,” “GMA3,” “20/20,” “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,” ABC News Live, ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. The News division also creates content for various streaming partners like Disney + and Hulu. These award-winning teams provide the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a better understanding of the world. ABC News has an opening for a Producer/Editor in its Post Production Department.
*This position is a hybrid position with a balance of remote and on-site editing at our NY facility.
- Duties will focus on long form style editing and production for Network platforms and external clients.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate with a team as well as work independently and bring fresh ideas to projects. Edit teams often share projects, therefore editor must be able to manage their project as part of an editing team.
- As a leader in breaking news, ABCNEWS often shifts priorities to important stories that supersede active assignment. Candidate must be flexible to move from one project to another, working weekends when necessary.
- Proven proficiency and minimum 2 years working in News Magazine and Documentary style editing and producing.
- Minimum 5 years working in Broadcast News
- Strong Writing skills, understand story structure and knowledge of field acquisition and formats.
- Extensive experience in editing complex sequences with effects, audio sweetening, color work and be familiar with current FCC regulations.
- Expert in Avid Media Composer and experience with Avid Interplay.
- Experience with third party effects a must; Sapphire, BCC.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and weekends and perform duties under deadline.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail, work well under pressure.
- Familiarity with Adobe products, Davinci Resolve a plus.
- BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.