Producer, Podcast Programming - ABC News AudioApply NowApply Later Job ID 910309BR Location New York, New York, United States / Glendale, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jan. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
We’re seeking someone with a strong background creating captivating long form narratives, particularly in the true crime vertical.
The ideal candidate has a knack for writing and story editing, and superior audio production skills. This person is highly creative and gets inspired by immersing themself in hours of tape to find the most evocative moments to hook the listener and keep them coming back for more.
ABC Audio is committed to maintaining a positive team dynamic. If you can work independently to manage your time and meet deadlines, and effectively collaborate with producers and talent from across the news division, this could be the job for you.
- Pitching new podcast series, seasons and episodes
- Researching and fact checking
- Writing scripts for daily and weekly shows and limited series
- Sourcing audio from various origins, including the vast archives of ABC News and ABC News Radio
- Editing and mixing audio
- Coaching television producers and talent on nuances of audio-first storytelling and delivery
- Working with partners in ABC’s rights and clearances, legal and standards departments to vet and clear scripts and outside material
- At least three years of audio production experience at a professional podcast production house
- Expert audio editing and sound mixing skills
- Journalism background, strong writing skills and a keen interest in current events, history, pop culture and true crime
- Experience working with talent, including coaching hosts in-studio
- Sharp attention to detail and organizational skills, and ability to work and communicate effectively under pressure
- Thorough understanding of the podcast industry, techniques and trends
- Experience designing and executing workflows
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.