Producer, Visual Verification - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 784863BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content, ABC News Date posted Apr. 21, 2021
The candidate will be comfortable optimizing (pitching, writing) this content for use across different platforms, working closely with editorial for broadcast and digital. S/he will be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, demonstrating impeccable judgment and social acumen.
Also the producer will be required to report on misinformation and disinformation, including how this affects politics, vaccine rollout and how the various social media platforms are handling the issue.
The candidate will be required to work flexible hours including some weekends.
- Manage the day-to-day curation of content from multiple social platforms
- React to breaking news and plan for major news events
- Vet social video and flag any concerns to the assignment desk
- Pitch all platforms based on content found in social
- Work closely with shows and digital to meet UGC needs
- Report on disinformation/misinformation for ABC News platforms
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of OSINT verification techniques
- Strong knowledge of disinformation tactics and social platform policies
- Proven competency across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat
- Strong understanding of social media curation tools
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
- At least 3+ years’ experience with news organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and create ideas in a fast-paced environment
- BA or BS degree
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.