Producer, World News Tonight - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 887258BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
Responsibilities:Candidates must be able to effectively manage story assignments and show production in addition to supervising junior staff. Knowledge of digital shooting and editing is essential, as is day-of-air production.
- Managing the editorial process
- Research, reporting, writing and producing
- Generating new ideas for future content
- Must have at least five years of interactive media experience
- Familiarity with content managing systems and blogging software
- Experience working with talent
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated leadership; analytical skills; communication skills and journalistic foundations
- Flexible schedule
- Candidate will be required to handle breaking news stories in a fast paced news environment with assigned deadlines
- Required to have managerial skills and be responsible for overseeing freelance budgets
- Previous experience with show programming is a plus.
- BA or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.