Product Activation Associate
San Francisco, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 750604BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 05, 2020
Job Summary:Disney+ is early in it’s journey to redefine the future of streaming entertainment. We’re looking for a creative, analytical, and collaborative product marketer to help define how we stand out in an increasingly crowded marketplace, grow and engage our customer base, and build a personalized global product.
As an Associate of Product Activation for Disney+, you’ll be responsible for how our brand and product show up across our key global channels. You’ll partner closely with the Product, Content, Data Science, Research, Customer Service, CRM, Communication, and regional teams to determine how to best showcase our product, and help bring Disney+ and new features to market.
- Work across the Disney+ organization — Product, Content, Data Science, Research, Customer Service, CRM, and regional teams— to help bring Disney+ and new features to market
- Deeply understand what content our subscribers and prospects love and want, and ensure our global marketing channels, like disneyplus.com, app store, and activation campaigns, showcase the latest and greatest Disney+ content
- Manage our global messaging guidelines to ensure we’re speaking about Disney+ in a consistent and relevant way globally
- Build processes to help the product marketing team efficiently scale Disney+ globally
- Help manage the global rollout of Disney+. Work with key cross functional teams to ensure our global marketing channels are properly versioned, and ready for launch
- Partner with the Product Team to plan for new feature releases and ensure these are properly highlighted across key channels. This includes things like writing app store release descriptions, evolving our global messaging guidelines, and updating disneyplus.com to showcase top features and product benefits as the product evolves
- Review in-product content sets and carousels for naming consistency and maximize local market impact
- Conduct competitive research to help understand the existing streaming landscape to help Disney+ differentiate across our global marketing channels
- 3-5 years experience in product marketing, working on global, multi channel go-to-markets and/or experience in entertainment marketing
- You’re a doer. You have the ability to work autonomously, hit deadlines, and focus on key outcomes amidst competing priorities
- You’re analytical and creative. You’re able to dive into performance data to infer a customer insight, and you’re able to write a quick headline in a pinch
- You’re collaborative. You’re able to work cross-functionally to get things done in an efficient and timely manner
- You can manage interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track
- You’re a resourceful problem solver who figures out how to get things done, even if it means navigating through ambiguity
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.