Product Design Manager
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 738258BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 22, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch sports, movies and esports. Fans demand content on their own terms: anywhere, anytime on any device. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role at Disney in giving form to new ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
As a Product Design Manager in the Disney Streaming Services Team, you will lead a small team of product designers through the product development process. This role reports to the Senior Director of Design.
- Lead a small team of designers (2-4 people) ranging from associate to principal level.
- Coach the team in using a mature, modern, user-centered design process.
- Facilitate the successful delivery of our work from concept to deployment.
- Represent their team and their work to stakeholders and external teams.
- Collaborate with peers in product, engineering and marketing on cross-functional projects from start to finish.
- Lead your team in mapping out their career development path, and course correct their development, using regular 1:1 meetings and semi-annual reviews.
- Identify areas for improvement within the product design team covering people, process, and practice. Partner with the design ops team in creating an action plan.
- Work across design and Disney Streaming services to create strong relationships with other leads in product, engineering and research.
- 8+ years experience as a designer working on consumer products.
- Experience leading (bonus: managing) a team of designers through at least one full product development cycle
- You have a high level of craftsmanship in multiple craft skills
- You have a strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- You can translate strategies into inspiring concepts and successful executions.
- You bring a growth mindset to ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
- You are comfortable presenting your designs to a different kinds of audiences.
- You have a passion for evolving the design practice; it’s people, processes and tools.
Additional Information:Disney Streaming Services is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLB Advanced Media and the National Hockey League.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.