Product Design ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 777579BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Mar. 17, 2021
This role will report into the VP of Product Design for Marvel Soft Lines.
- Leads and oversees all aspects of product development for a specific category(s) from trend and competitive research aligning to product strategy.
- Responsible for product conceptualization, form and function to final product approval ensuring and inspiring licensees to make the best possible product that feels on trend and salable for the Marvel brand
- Creates product design POVs for specific assigned categories
- Create timelines and balance your workload and know when to make shifts.
- Comprehensive understanding of specific assigned category and able to Come up with original and new ideas while ensuring differentiation between the various tiers of business.
- Understand and communicate the latest fashion trends
- Ensure appropriate level of style & fashion is infused in all creative work consistent with the brand & target audience
- Leads and oversees specific product category approvals from standard online (Asgard) approvals to assuring all products have all the other various approvals from upper management, branding and content providers where necessary.
- Ensures product excellence by designing to maintain character and story integrity in every product that is developed by our licensees.
- Coordinates with internal teams, licensees and executive leadership on new development and executes to strategies and specific time lines.
- Must be able to represent senior management in line reviews and have a POV
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience creating high level design for company in character license
- Essential to be extremely organized and detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self starter and able to self-manage.
- Required to have advanced design skills for specific category and required software skills in the Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Possess strong typography skills and knowledge of contemporary design
- Keen eye for trend and color sense
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of fashion and/or apparel industries
- Artistic background as well as business acumen
Required EducationBA/BS Degree or relevant work experience.
Additional Information:Portfolio, examples of work and/or links to work will be required.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.