Product Designer II, Disney+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 938642BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
We’re looking for a talented, and team-oriented Product Designer to join our dynamic team with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Amsterdam. You have highly-developed visual design and UX skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and will thrive upon the legacy of our company while embracing unconventional thinking.
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We explore ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
- Define visual user interfaces for mobile, web, and tv-based media applications. Focus on UI, product branding, and content presentation.
- Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
- Follow a user experience design process from concept to execution; approach design from a user’s perspective, listening to users and balancing their needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities.
- Collaborate with fellow designers (UX, visual, motion/prototypers) to help evolve the design language of the applications.
- Communicate with design leads to understand requirements and priorities.
- Generate design work plans; accurately estimate work items and communicate dependencies and issues as necessary. As a dedicated practitioner, you take full ownership of your work.
- Communicate design decisions and specifications in a scalable and reproducible form.
- Partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including research, engineering, product and business to find elegant and practical solutions
- Partner with UX researchers to validate solutions and practice evidence-based design
- 1-3 years experience in UX/graphic design, shipping successful consumer products in a fast-paced technology environment.
- An online portfolio featuring great work for mobile, web applications and brand/identity. Experience on TV is a plus.
- Experience in articulating conceptual and design decisions.
- A love of television, film, and entertainment.
- An innate passion for learning new software design technologies and trends.
- Expert eye for detail high-quality creative.
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce a wide range of visual concepts and directions.
- Experience with shipping consumer-friendly interactive experiences.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate the rationale behind your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf.
- You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- Experience solving for an international audience and working with remote teams is a plus.
- Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software is a plus
- Solid foundational design skills and sensibilities. Design-related BA/BFA is a plus.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.