Product Designer, UX (International)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 696654BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 14, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible. It’s an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improve these apps that people use every day.
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
We are looking for a Product Designer, Localization to join our expanding team. This is an opportunity to collaborate with the very best in design, product and technology to help shape industry-leading products used by millions across the world.
As the Product Designer, Localization, you will support the International UXD team in identifying the needs of real users through research, ideation, prototyping, testing, iterating and testing again until they arrive at a solution that exceeds user expectations. Your work will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will impact and inspire millions
- Follow a user-centered, data-driven design process to clearly understand the motivations and behaviors of our international users, and design intuitive solutions that help them meet their goals
- Partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including research, engineering and product to find elegant and practical solutions
- Partner with researchers to validate solutions and practice evidence-based design
- Act as a localization subject matter expert for the rest of the design team, providing design guidance, documenting and socializing best practices
- Rapidly concept multiple solutions at varied levels of fidelity, from sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes, understanding the proper level of fidelity required to communicate your point of view and elicit the right type of feedback for the project stage
- Adhere to our design system and brand guidelines, ensuring a high-level of quality, establishing a consistent look and feel throughout the product, and only diverging when the need is validated
- Work well autonomously, self-managing and taking ownership of work, from discovery to production, but also able to take direction and work within parameters
- Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to 1:1s
- Embrace change and ambiguity, viewing it as an opportunity not a blocker
- 2+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies
- A portfolio showcasing your process for problem-solving and interaction design, with particular attention to localization and accessibility best practices
- Experience designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices, a huge plus
- Experience utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
- Expert skills in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Abstract, Zeplin
- Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conceptual and design sense, and able to execute across a range of digital experiences
- Aware of the need to meet our users where they are in order to understand cultural norms, behavior and motivations, acknowledging that context is fundamental in designing the right solution that takes a product from desirable to meaningful
- Collaborative, working well within a team environment as an individual contributor with direction and accountability
- Adaptable and receptive to design feedback
- Comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, with strong interpersonal skills
- Deadline-oriented and efficient, possessing strong time management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
- Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
- Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.