Product DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 619274BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch sports, movies and television. Fans demand content on their own terms: anywhere, anytime on any device. Our vision is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what’s possible.
Join a growing product design team to help Disney transform how people watch their favorite stories, characters and teams. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and will thrive upon the legacy of our company while embracing unconventional thinking. Above all we are seeking an individual who is passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
● Define visual user interfaces for mobile, web, and tv-based media applications. Focus on UI, content presentation and brand integrity.
● Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to communicate your point of view to peers and stakeholders.
● Look towards building sustainable and scalable solutions by developing digital design patterns and libraries.
● Follow a user-centered design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals. Our teams focus on listening to fans, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the competition or stakeholders.
● Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and editorial folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
● You have at least 3 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
● Your online portfolio demonstrates a mastery of design fundamentals.
● You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
● You have experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
● You have an innate passion for learning new software design technologies and trends.
● You’re autonomous and self-managed. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
● You embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
● You are an active voice, consistently contributing to the greater good of the DSS design team.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.