Product Manager, Business Intelligence
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771662BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 15, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Technology organization enables enterprise-wide consumer technology and data capabilities to deliver on the promise of more direct consumer relationships, personalized product experiences and more active engagement with content and advertising. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Product Manager individual will focus on ushering data sources and datasets into interim platform solutions that align with a consolidated platform architecture. You provide intake, review, and roadmaps to ingest and conform to stakeholder requirements. You will be the muscle between other data product teams to the platform, ensuring data conformation delivers to the internal teams’ development needs. You should also be familiar with data architecture, processing, and development cycles. You must be an analytical, articulate, and business-minded, capable of maneuvering roadblocks, executing tactically and communicating effectively to stakeholders at peer levels throughout the course of a product lifecycle. This role specifically supports the Linear Ad Sales program area, supporting Disney Ad Sales and corresponding Finance / Accounting teams.
- Coordinate internal datasets into consumption data models to deliver requirements and priorities
- Deliver on requirements and provide roadmap on delivery and design solutions
- Create a intake, lifecycle, and release framework to support fellow data platform product teams to deliver.
- Work with internal stakeholders to modify, change, or identify new data models
- Must have experience in data product management, platform development, data technology, analytics and/or consulting in a related field
- Must have familiarity with data storage, big data processing (Druid, Kafka, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.), and modeling techniques (star schema, data vault, OLAP), etc.
- Experience managing engineering and vendor relationships as well as building out requirements.
- Familiarity with data ingestion APIs, data sharing technologies, and warehouse infrastructure and development
- Demonstrated experience with running complex developments across a matrixed organization.
- Exposure and familiarity with digital engagement, exposure, and campaign data as well as linear viewership and exposure data.
- Bachelors Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.