Product Manager, Commerce / Growth PartnershipApply NowApply Later Job ID 975452BR Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
We are looking for a Product Manager to deliver the best consumer-facing subscriber experience in the world. As part of the Growth + Commerce Product team, you will be the product owner for initiatives that drive customer acquisition and retention with our Global Partners on Mobile (Apple + Google) and Living Room Platforms (Streaming Devices such as Roku/Amazon, Smart TVs and Gaming Consoles). The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business.
- Define and assume product ownership for Growth + Commerce initiatives for customers watching on Global Device Partners including optimization of sign up flows and one time purchases
- Establish KPIs, best practices and documentation for all aspects of customer acquisition and retention through Global Device Partners
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, marketing, product leadership, analytics and other stakeholders on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories.
- Lead execution and iterative improvement of features with Design, Front End Engineering + Services teams across Disney Streaming.
- Facilitate meetings / collaboration sessions and create internal materials to keep teams aligned
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks, boards and detailed documentation across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
- Analyze our existing user experiences and industry best practices to identify opportunities to drive growth and improve value propositions for our user
- Partner with other Product Managers to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in product management and/or software delivery
- You have experience working collaboratively + effectively with engineering and design partners
- You have the ability to understand value of an effort and prioritize it accordingly on a roadmap
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- You're an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- You put focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions
- You're familiar with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching with ease in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.