Product Manager, Content ExperienceApply NowApply Later Job ID 865379BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 08, 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Product Manager, Content Experience, reporting to the Senior Product Manager, Content Experience for Disney+ in New York City. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with other product teams from HULU/ESPN+/Star+, engineering, design, marketing, data science, platform and media delivery teams to understand how to increase overall content consumption and allow subscribers to dive deeper into our rich experiences across Disney, PIXAR, Star Wars, MARVEL and Star.
Responsibilities:CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion for Digital Video Products with an interest in the fast changing Television and Movie landscape.
- You develop, manage, and communicate a product roadmap that accomplishes business/customer goals and aligns with the team charter & tenets.
- You lead effective product design sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development.
- You are data-driven in your approach wherever possible, seeking to collect and analyze data so as to improve a product’s features, subscription and/or desired activity conversion, user engagement, retention, and churn.
- You build features and products considering the subscriber first.
- You look for opportunities to engage with end users of a product, as well as Disney’s customers, whenever and wherever possible. (Calls/Interviews, surveys, user research, etc.)
- You help establish a product’s KPIs, and you measure your product’s success against them.
- You help to make adjustments to the product’s features and functionality when KPIs are not met.
- You escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise.
- You are the focal point for communication about a product with all teams. You communicate proactively, and cross-functionally.
- You effectively support the engineering team throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks that may impact quality of service and on-time delivery.
- You build and manage relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including engineering TPMs, development leads, QA, ad operations, commerce, clients and external vendors.
- You help set the context for engineering team engagement with the product(s) you work on. You connect development work with insight from users, customer success, and stakeholder satisfaction.
- You directly execute initiatives toward engagement and retention related outcomes.
- You work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to drive alignment and consensus toward mutual goals/outcomes.
- You collaborate well and often with other Disney teammates.
- Minimum 1-3 years working with a team of engineers, designers and other cross-functional team, focused on outcome-based deliverables in the engagement area.
- Experience in hypothesis driven outcomes, using data and research to help inform.
- Comfortable in fast changing environment, with frequently changing demands, building and managing relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and circumstances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field preferred but not required.
- Ability to balance technical and business issues.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and business experts.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.