Product Manager, Delivery
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776161BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 12, 2021
Disney Streaming Services is seeking a Product Manager, Delivery to support design, marketing and onboarding features and initiatives.
As a Product Manager, Delivery, you will sit at the nexus between creative product development and acceleration of product delivery across the Star+ brand and other properties. Using your experience in facilitating, developing, and shipping complex products, you will work with the product, design and engineering teams across DSS.
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
- You promote team synergy among project team members and foster transparent communications
- You build strong relationships with front end and services engineering teams
- You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward, working with product owners and engineering teams.
- You are able to work autonomously understanding the feature development life cycle and what tasks need to be completed by what milestone.
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
- Execute on product requirements documents (PRD) with distributed front end and services engineering teams
- Proactively develop working relationships with engineering, design, marketing, enterprise program management, quality assurance and other teams.
- Serve as an escalation and coordination point across multiple teams back to product managers
- Lead the prioritization of feature development with TPMs and engineers delivering on product’s feature priorities.
- Report on status of feature development into the appropriate workstream
- 3+ years’ experience as a Producer, TPM, QA Lead, Product Owner, or similar role
- Experience leading a team of developers through at least one full product development cycle
- Confident utilizing Agile methodologies
- Passion for user experience and design
- Excellent Project management, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success in building buy-in for an innovative, bold, strategic vision.
- Proven track record of presenting to and influencing senior management
- Software development background a bonus
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.