Product Manager, Enterprise Tools
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 735723BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 06/01/2020
Job Summary:We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced product manager to lead our efforts to create innovative and first-in-class enterprise tools. You will focus on defining the strategy and requirements for the customer support tools that power all of the Disney Streaming Services global applications. You will collaborate closely with the various software engineering teams, the design team, the operations teams and the Customer Support team.
Reporting to the Director, Product - Enterprise Tools, and part of the rapidly growing Platform Product team, the candidate will need to be an experienced product leader to drive innovation in improving the customer experience when they are looking for help when contacting Disney Streaming Services customer service.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Effectively support the engineering team throughout sprint cycles by proactively removing roadblocks that may impact quality of service and on-time delivery
- Assume product leadership for the customer support tools from definition through technical delivery and iterative improvements
- Manage a product throughout the product lifecycle from concept to launch
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, operations, product leadership, analytics and customer support teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for engineering teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
- Contribute to a product roadmap that accomplishes business/customer goals and aligns with the team charter and tenets
- 3+ years of product management experience
- 1-2 years of experience with CRM or other customer support systems
- You have a strong interest in building internal-facing products and features
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You’ve lead effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development
- You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
- You have experience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and complex project plans
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.