Already applied?View Dashboard
Product Manager, Identity & ProfilesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694633BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 06, 2019
enthusiastic and resourceful product manager to bring innovation and product leadership.
This role will contribute to all areas of Consumer Identity and Access Management across our
brand portfolio, including on-boarding, profiles, multi-user access, parental controls, and data
portability. Part of the rapidly growing Platform Product team, you will have an active role in all
aspects of the consumer’s identity lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the
customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the
business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to
Responsibilities:● Apply product leadership to identify initiatives from definition through technical delivery
and iterative improvements
● Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, commerce, business development,
product leadership, analytics and business insight teams on objectives and
● Help balance security needs and consumer experience to craft seamless
authentication and identity management experiences
● Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents
and user stories for engineering teams to execute
● Assist and manage planning and development prioritization for development teams to
ensure maximum value in deliverables
● Partner with other Product Managers to streamline system integrations and enhance
existing business processes
● Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks and boards across teams, as well as all necessary
communication to internal stakeholders
● Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for
the platform through market research and competitive landscape and offerings
Basic Qualifications:● You have 2+ years or product management experience
● You possess strong knowledge of identity best practices and providers
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and
defend your ideas across the organization, including technical, non-technical and
● You have successful experience defining and executing product roadmaps aligned
with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses
● You have experience product managing applications across a wide variety of platforms
including web, mobile, and connected devices
● You have experience in formulating and testing hypothesis through scientific means
● You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with an ability to take a step back and
understand the bigger picture
● You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an
impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
● You know when to escalate issues expediently and accurately when blockers arise
● You have experience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and
complex project plans
● Bonus points for experience with one or more of the following: Authentication and
Authorization, 2FA, MFA and/or Adaptive Authentication.
Required Education● Bachelor’s degree required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.