Already applied?View Dashboard
Product Manager, MobileApply Now Apply Later Job ID 575274BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Date posted Jul. 10, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel is looking for a product manager who is a leader in the digital space to lead ground-breaking mobile products for the biggest comic book brand in the country with millions of dedicated fans.
We are passionate about digital innovation, and you should be too. As the product manager for our mobile initiatives, you will shape the future of digital comics across our mobile product portfolio: the Marvel Comics app, the Marvel Unlimited app, and the back-end tools that support this portfolio.
Responsibilities:Working with our incredible product, design, and engineering teams, you will be responsible for growing and maintaining our mobile ecosystem.
- Lead the concept, design, development, and launch of mobile products both in-house and with strategic partners
- Identify, evangelize, and pursue solutions to key business and user needs
- Generate support for your initiatives from stakeholders across the company
- Lead user research, metrics gathering, competitive and performance analyses of all of your products, and communicate results across the company
- Understand Marvel’s competitive and strategic position, and deliver best-in-industry products
- Create clear and thoughtful documentation, including requirements and wireframes, for the project team and stakeholders.
- Become an expert in the Marvel digital experiences, mobile products, and brand
- 5+ years of product management or product design experience
- Excellent writing, analytical and organizational skills
- Solid product management experience at a consumer-facing ecommerce, media or entertainment organization
- Proven track record of launching successful mobile products that customers love, ideally in the subscription space
- Demonstrable expertise in crafting clear project documentation
- Knowledge of current mobile technologies, and familiarity with how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- A strategic mindset that allows you to prioritize projects, launches, and features, and balance immediate requirements with a long-term vision
- Enthusiasm for every phase of product development – from strategy and conceptualization, to requirements writing, working with a cross-functional project team, and launch
- Familiarity with A/B testing, prototyping tools, and analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.