Product Manager, Sports and General Entertainment
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 776160BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 12, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is looking for a Product Manager who will develop requirements to help innovate and enhance our sports and entertainment products including the NHL, ESPN+, and Star+ brands.
You love being in the driver’s seat, using data to guide and assist your decision-making while keeping the user experience top of mind. You recognize that data is also the building block of content, and you’re familiar with how to structure and distribute it to the user in a clean, personalized, and easily-consumable way. You'll work with cross-functional teams across engineering, design, research and analytics to deliver exceptional products, features and experiences mapping back to a strategic product vision.
- Develop creative solutions that achieve predetermined product goals.
- Work closely with other teams to develop a strategy for executing on roadmap items.
- Create and maintain JIRA tasks, working closely with design and engineering.
- Identify the most efficient paths for delivering data and content to users.
- Help define the best methods for maintaining metadata associated with this content.
- Organize feedback from multiple parties, creating coherent, human user stories.
- Prioritize with precision.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a product manager working with websites, mobile apps, and connected device apps, ideally in sports or entertainment.
- You have experience managing data within those products.
- You have a passion not just for data, but sports, TV, or film.
- You have a technical background or can comfortably understand new technical documentation when provided.
- You are a strong and adaptable communicator with the ability to document in a way that is clear and concise.
- You’ve previously worked directly with multiple engineering groups at one time.
- You create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- You’re familiar with agile methodologies and implementations.
- Details matter, and you make sure they don’t get lost in the shuffle.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.