Product Operations Manager
New York, New York, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781507BR Location New York, New York, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 09, 2021
Job Summary:The role of Manager, Product Operations, ESPN+ is critical to helping keep ESPN+ and the ESPN App running at peak performance for millions of fans every day. This role reports to the Director, Product Operations, ESPN+.
In this role you will become intimately familiar with the various processes that power ESPN+ and the ESPN App, becoming the subject matter expert. You’ll work with multiple stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met and ensuring they are meeting the Product’s needs.
You’ll collaborate with various groups to analyze data and build reports that can be shared with the broader ESPN+ Product team. Reporting on trends and themes in feature requests, support tickets and customer feedback surveys will help drive awareness to areas we should focus on.
From coordinating paywalls and A/B tests with Marketing, to managing complex scheduling scenarios with Programming, to helping document various parts of our product and processes for the product team, you’ll become an expert on how our Product works and what we can do to improve it.
Responsibilities:Within three months, you will:
- Learn how our product operates, and how our tools and platform translate to what the customer sees.
- Meet the different teams that power the content in the ESPN App (Programming, Marketing, Editorial, etc.)
- Learn how to launch one of our monthly Pay Per View events.
- Get access to various reporting tools and dashboards that you’ll need to be successful.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Identify critical processes and tasks that can be streamlined/improved.
- Participate in the Pay Per View launch process, including SKU setup, artwork coordination, QA coordination, and start/end of sale on platform.
- Learn how our IAP purchasing platforms work, and what’s needed to support Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, etc.
- Provide input on the regular and one-off reports that should be built for distribution to the wider product team.
Within 12 months you will:
- Be an expert on how content gets into our apps, and be able to troubleshoot issues back to their origin.
- Participate in the building of at least one major project that streamlines / automates a critical process.
- Participate an operationally-heavy product improvement or partnership.
The right candidate will have a strong vision and be capable of blending the fan’s perspective and desire with ESPN’s business goals. Additionally, the candidate must be a self-motivated, team player who can drive the overall business objectives of the organization. This person must be able to work closely with other internal and external product & technology experts.
- 2+ years of professional experience in product operations, project management or product management.
- Previous experience managing product requirements, release deliverables, and technical documentation
- Previous experience working with large, cross-functional development teams
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to multi-task and context-switch with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Previous experience with data interpretation and user research
- Previous experience working in AGILE
- Previous experience working with streaming media, data distribution or internal platforms with dynamic data ingestion.
- Familiar with AGILE based tools, including but not limited to, JIRA and Version One
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.