Production Associate - World News Tonight (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 854811BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 10, 2021
ABC News, one of the world’s premiere news organizations for the last fifty years, reaches 220 million people globally each month through television, digital, and audio. ABC News’s flagship evening news program, World News Tonight, is television’s #1 evening newscast. Good Morning America, the flagship morning program, remains #1 for the 9th year in a row. The View is daytime’s #1 talk show, and 20/20 is Friday’s #1 newsmagazine. ABC News Live, the brand’s digital streaming service, reaches more than 23 million viewers each month.
- Production Associates are responsible for supporting producers in all aspects of production including: logging, coordinating feeds, researching video, stills and editorial information.
- Must be familiar with various media formats as well as library systems.
- Prior media management experience required.
- Camera and editing experience also required.
- PA will shoot elements for stories as well as rough cut content
- Minimum 2 years in newsroom environment or similar
- Demonstrated ability to do rough cut editing
- Strong editorial skills necessary.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and perform duties under deadline.
- Non-Technical Skills: Strong organizational skills, able to meet deadlines, attention to detail, work well under pressure
- 3 or more years in newsroom environment or similar
- Strong interest in the editorial process highly desirable, as is the ability to generate original story ideas.
- Ability to edit packages on Avid
- BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content,ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.