Production Designer (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 718853BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
The role of Production Designer is part of DTG’s Creative Services department providing creative resources for The Lion King, Aladdin, and Frozen with a primary focus on the domestic touring productions.
A successful candidate must have a depth of creative knowledge, tasteful design aesthetic, excellent communication skills and proven experience producing high quality content. They should be highly skilled in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop who possesses a creative and collaborative spirit. They must also be quick and efficient, and have a strong ability to receive and apply feedback.
Responsibilities:Production Art, Layout and Graphic Design
- Create print materials for local markets of the U.S. Tours and Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin, and Frozen.
- Create supplemental graphics and artwork for tour materials, including digital media, social content, emails, key art resizes, and advertisements.
- Create assets that are built to spec, on time, and are print and build ready.
- Participate in layout sign-off, press proofing, and color proofing.
- Review and design materials for brand and style guide accuracy.
- When required, draft and maintain style guides for new campaigns and update style guides for existing titles.
- Responsible for maintaining history of previous layouts and following approved routing process.
- Actively participate in the creative workflow process to gain maximum efficiency in the review and approval of materials.
- Organize and maintain digital files for easy and clear access for stakeholders.
- Responsible for cataloging and ingesting all materials in Digital Asset Management System.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- 3+ years of experience (branding a plus)
- Possess a creative and collaborative spirit with versatile design aesthetic that can accommodate multiple styles and projects.
- Efficient and quick working individual with commitment to create excellent work.
- Ability to receive feedback from multiple stakeholders and execute notes thoroughly.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
Additional Information:DTP is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.