Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Intern, Disney Theatrical Group – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 519822BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 02/02/2018
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be a part of something big…
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a passionate self-starter for a summer internship in the Production Department. The Production team intern will gain real-world experience in theatrical production, general management and company management from the teams working on some of the most successful Broadway shows (Frozen, The Lion King, Aladdin). The intern will also gain insight into both the business and creative aspects of production development, including creative, finance, legal, and marketing.
- Assist the Production Department in work related to ongoing worldwide productions of Frozen, The Lion King, Aladdin, Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mary Poppins, and AIDA, as well as assist with pre-production work for upcoming shows.
- Support the entire production team in its day-to-day operations, as well as work on specific projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Digitization of Production Assets & Bibles
- Assisting with the coordination, logistics, and in-studio rehearsals for Disney’s Broadway Hits Symphony series & other special concert engagements, including partnership productions with Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, and Walt Disney World
- Contract Distribution – AEA contracts, At-Wills, etc.
- Filing & Archiving
- Assisting with Travel & Immigration where needed for upcoming productions
- Production Anniversary Gifts
- Assisting with implementation of new inventory system
Basic QualificationsYou bring…
- Genuine Interest/experience in the theatre industry
- Interest in pursuing a career in theatre production
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A creative and collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and eagerness to learn
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in theater, business or related area
- Theatrical management and production classes are a plus
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from Tuesday, May 29, 2018 through Friday, August 10, 2018
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program, AND returning to school for at least one semester/quarter at the completion of the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer