Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Intern, Disney Theatrical Group - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732053BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jan. 03, 2020
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be part of something big…
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a passionate self-starter for a summer internship in the Production Department. The Production team intern will gain real-world experience in theatrical production, general management and company management from the teams working on some of the most successful Broadway shows (Frozen, The Lion King, Aladdin). The intern will also gain insight into both the business and creative aspects of production development, including creative, finance, legal, and marketing.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by…
- Assist the Production Department in work related to ongoing worldwide productions of The Lion King, Aladdin, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and AIDA, as well as assist with some pre-production work for upcoming shows.
- Support the entire production team in its day-to-day operations, as well as work on specific projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with various concerts and special events, including partnership productions with Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, and Walt Disney World.
- Assisting with new dance lab rehearsals in June
- Digitization of Production Assets
- Assisting with Travel & Immigration where needed for upcoming productions
- Assisting with implementation of new inventory system
- Production Anniversary and Opening Gifts & Cards
- Preparation for June Open Call Casting Tour dates
- Compiling Marketing and Audition Data from Open Call Casting Tour from early 2020
- Filing & Archiving
- Storage Warehouse organization and retrieval
Basic Qualifications:You bring…
- Genuine Interest in the theatre industry
- Interest in pursuing a career in theatre production or management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A creative and collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and eagerness to learn
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in theater, business or related area
- Theatrical management and production classes are a plus
Additional Information:Program Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from Tuesday, May 26, 2020 through Friday, August 7, 2020
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program.
A day in the life…
- Disney Theatrical Group has an open office environment. The noise level in the office varies from minimal to high depending on level of activity. Employees are welcome to utilize headphones.
- Interns will frequently collaborate in small groups, sometimes with executive leadership, in hands-on workshops, or on their final group presentation. These meetings are informal and facilitated by a member of the Education team, and you will be encouraged to ask questions and participate alongside your peers.
- Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
- Interview: March, 2020
- Decisions Made: April 10, 2020
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.