Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Internship- Specialized Units, ABC News- Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 874744BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Digitizing and logging content
- Researching and writing news stories
- Assisting in booking
- Pitching original story ideas and researching characters
- Various administrative duties including sensitive show information
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Interest in business, legal, medical and current affairs stories
- Up-to-date on current events including politics
- Pursuing a degree in journalism or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience (academic or previous internship) in broadcast or print journalism
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in writing for news stories
- Undergraduate students in their junior year, senior year or recent graduate
- Prefer strong writer
- Social Media and pop culture savvy
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 6 months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be willing to work in the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be available from January to May 2022
- Must be willing to work 40 hours/week (M-F). Intern will be asked to work in the office occasionally and work remotely the rest of the time
About ABC News:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.