Production Manager, Health & Safety DGE (PH)-New YorkApply NowApply Later Job ID 844169BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 12, 2021
This position will support productions across ABC Studios, 20th Television, FX Networks, Freeform, and Disney Channels among others.
This is a Project Hire role with benefits.
- Oversee testing of all cast & crew as currently outlined in the Return to Work Agreement.
- Manage all test results, including positive cases
- Determines and ensures that each production meets the health and safety standards on daily basis in order to continue production
- Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Determine requirements needed for each department to comply with guidelines
- Advise the production on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
- Order and distribute supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
- Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
- Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
- Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- Lead and escalate issues to UPM and Safety
- Advise and guide UPM and production to implement changes necessary asap
- Establish an on-set network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
- Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
- Review prep and shooting schedules to ensure required social distancing procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are in place
- Work in conjunction with Set Medic
- Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
- Ensure employee screening protocols are in place
- Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of production processes
- Attend Director’s Scouts and Tech Scouts to monitor crew and advise on upcoming Locations needs.
- Perform basic contact tracing as necessary based on knowledge of activities in the workplace
- Work with Disney contact tracers to determine close contacts of positive cases and to communicate isolation and/or quarantine requirements
- Work with Transportation department to coordinate compliant travel of cast and crew
- Ensure that adequate signage is posted in the workplace(s) regarding protocols.
- Oversee the system for admittance of cast & crew into the workplace and onto set, based on individual eligibility and employment status
Basic Qualifications:Basic Skills Desired
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
- Strong problem solver in a highly fast driven creative environment
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Have a willingness to work a production schedule (which is typically 10- 12+ hours per day at least 5 days per week)
Technical Skills Desired
- Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Adapting to latest development of technical skills and industry knowledge
- OSHA Health & Safety Experience
- Military experience
- Medic / RN / EMT experience
- Experience working on set with feature or television production
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.