Production Stage Manager - Lion King TourApply NowApply Later Job ID 831717BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jul. 22, 2021
Disney Theatrical Productions is seeking a Production Stage Manager for our US touring production of THE LION KING. This position will be under the Actors’ Equity Association Production contract.
- Facilitating all studio and technical rehearsals.
- Supervising the running of each performance.
- Creating and maintaining the production calendar.
- Creating daily rehearsal and show reports.
- Running understudy and put-in rehearsals for replacements.
- Leading a team that includes a First Assistant Stage Manager and two Second Assistant Stage Managers.
- Working closely with the Actors, Stage Crew, Resident Director, Resident Dance Supervisor, Music Director, along with Production Supervisor, General Manager, Associate Creatives and Designers, and Executive Team at Disney Theatrical Group.
- Extensive experience in Stage Management. Touring experience is a plus.
- Experience with AEA Production and/or Tier Tours.
- Must be a forward-thinking person who can work independently as well as part of a team to achieve desired results.
- Great communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work closely with other creative individuals with respect and harmony.
- Possess a friendly, empathetic and collaborative spirit with a passion for excellence.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment that fulfills Disney Theatrical Group’s diversity and inclusion efforts (e.g., recognizing and interrupting microaggressions & biases, participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required etc.)
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.