Programmatic Account ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10024903 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney’s Addressable Ad Operations team is seeking a Programmatic Account Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Sales and Advertising Operations team on one or more of our exciting brands based out of Santa Monica, CA. These brands are composed of The Walt Disney Company’s (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC Studios, ESPN, Hulu, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, FX and National Geographic as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution.
The Programmatic Account Manager is responsible for acting as a liaison between Disney and our agencies, DSPs, and advertisers. The Account Manager will leverage their in-depth knowledge of the programmatic ecosystem along with strong organizational, analytical and project management skills to provide exceptional client service while identifying post-sale opportunities for account growth. In this role, you will be partnered with one or more Account Executives who sell media space across Disney’s digital properties.
A Programmatic Account Manager is responsible for stewarding digital advertising campaigns and relationships with top-tier customer accounts. This position collaborates closely with teams across Disney to ensure that our clients have comprehensive support and superior client service both pre and post-sale. The Programmatic Account Manager understands our clients’ advertising priorities and strategies, and are also required to identify and troubleshoot any issues, and escalate accordingly, as well as demonstrate knowledge and understanding of our systems, tools, and processes.
We want to ensure that this team has the resources to deliver best-in-class customer service to our clients, our agencies, and across all of internal Disney Advertising Sales teams. The highest priorities are our people, systems, and processes.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Partners with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful execution of programmatic campaigns
- Assist clients with PMP and Programmatic Guaranteed set-up
- Partner with Sales and Pricing & Planning to provide materials for Proposals/Avail submissions including media recommendations, screenshots, research, competitive data, and advise on what is technically feasible to execute
- Lead client communication related to our programmatic offering and optimizations
- Required to test creative assets across Video, Mobile, and Desktop Display
- Help ensure client’s programmatic ad specs are met and communicate out changes to our client’s and their DSPs
- Troubleshoot campaign performance by investigating ad server bugs, third party discrepancies and under-delivery issues
- Ensure accurate campaign set up between ad server and our SSP
- Display mastery of all Disney and Hulu digital ad products and their capabilities
- Assist clients and sales teams in the billing and reconciliation process
- Provide after-hours support for any client-related emergencies, as necessary
- Become an authority in our SSPs and the programmatic advertising ecosystem
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- 2+ years of digital advertising experience, with at least 1 year of programmatic media experience
- 1 year of digital ad trafficking experience and hands-on experience with SSP, DSPs, and/or ad exchanges
- Familiarity with third-party ad servers such as Campaign Manager 360, Sizmek, Innovid, etc., with a fundamental understanding of video ad serving concepts (i.e. VAST and VPAID)
- Ability to think critically and use reporting insights to identify bidding behavior and deal optimizations
- Proactive and highly organized, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and campaigns in a timely manner
- Experience compiling and analyzing insights from campaign performance reports in order to troubleshoot campaigns as needed
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; ability to quickly learn productivity software application tools
- Seeks out partnerships across the organization to test new ideas and grow the business
- Exceptional organizational, relationship-building, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self-motivated starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to cultivate sales and client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in media, advertising or other meaningful experience
- Familiarity with Advertising Research and Verification vendors like Nielsen, ComScore, Moat, Integral Ad Science, Millard Brown, etc.
- Coursework in Business Administration, Media, Advertising, or Marketing
- Strong interest in the digital media, advertising, and emerging technology industries
- Working familiarity with a broad range of business functions, including ad sales, creative services, revenue operations, inventory planning, and yield optimization
- Knowledge of industry ad categories, various modes of online ad sales channels and ability to translate those customer requirements into technical/operational solutions.
- Experience working with Google Ad Manager, Operative, and/or the Magnite SSP preferred, but not required
The hiring range for this position in New York is $84,600.00 to $103,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.